First Chiropractic Visit
At Fredericksburg Wellness Center we do everything in our power to relieve our patients' symptoms as fast as possible and give advice on how to avoid future flare ups.
1. During your new patient chiropractic evaluation, you will first fill out forms that provide background information about your symptoms and condition. Click here to fill our out forms online. The doctor will then take a thorough health history including family, occupational, social, past medical, nutritional, and exercise histories.
Our main focus is to give you a great health care experience. Your Healthy Living Starts Here.
2. After the history, a thorough chiropractic exam including orthopedic tests, neurological evaluation, postural analysis, spinal and muscular exam will be performed to assess:
- Range of motion of the affected part
- Muscle Tone
- Muscle Strength
- Neurological Integrity
3. Based upon the results of the patient's history and exam, diagnostic studies may be helpful in revealing pathological and structural abnormalities to more accurately diagnose a condition. The most common diagnostic studies done at our office is spinal x-rays, unless you are pregnant or a small child.
After a thorough evaluation we will begin your care, which will consist of several different types of therapies depending on the patients condition.
4. Findings from the history, exam, and any diagnostic images lead to a specific diagnosis and treatment plan. The treatment may include an adjustment, electrical stimulation, traction, soft tissue work, nutritional/supplement suggestions, and/or rehab exercises prescribed for home care.
A follow up appointment, called a Report of Findings, will be scheduled where the doctor will:
- Explain patient's diagnosed condition
- Go over your x-rays and explain significant findings
- Individualize a chiropractic treatment plan
- Provide home care, including stretching, exercises, icing instructions,nutritional recommendations, etc